Monday 1 August 2011

WHAT IT MEANS TO BE WHAT I AM TODAY...... JMCite!!!

Come the last week of May and the much awaited +2 CBSE result was out. An impeccable score and there I was standing in the premises of a highly reputed college, THE JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE.


In the faintest of my memories, there still lingers the assortment of feelings that the first day evoked.

The exuberance of the college environment, the multifaceted teachers, an environment of growth and rejuvenation, anxiety pangs and butterflies in the stomach. A mixture of emotions, I was much overwhelmed! 

My life here changed just so tremendously, almost like a flipping coin. Whether to feel restless or gay was like an indefinite choice to be made, almost like choosing between either of the sides, heads or tails.

One year passing by, the race of becoming the best still persists but the goals perhaps have changed.

When I joined college my aims were different, so were my aspirations but today I rejoice in what this college has given me.  Utmost respect, furnishing my core fundamentals of life and making me worthy of what I am today.

My mind is flooded with experiences and admiration associated with it.

Rock solid building, with its neoteric architecture, breathtaking rocky area to enjoy the vicinity around, in not just one but all seasons, cafeteria keeping up with the much famous college rep.
Beauty at its best!  

The proud feeling of being a JMCite doesn’t make u feel any less than a “model at hype”.

Fancy clothing, lush affairs, the feeling of being the best,
That’s what makes you stand out from the rest!

Yet again the coin ruling my life flips side and I begin to experience the suppressed anxiety within me.

To make a mark was my aim at last,
To be seen with sheer dignity and lead the DU cast.

The best part of being a JMCite was that one moment you felt special, but the next moment you felt troubled.

Once again turning to my old ways, I became the same shy high school girl, timid to open up, trust and befriend,
Nevertheless very soon I entered the wilderness of meeting the other end.

In the fit of the moment I realised it wasn’t any ordinary day,
but a day that signifies my future life!

I was sure to find people yet of a kind,
Some mirroring me & some repelling my mind.

Good lord! Over and over the coin of my life went up and down, flipping sides and time passed by.
  
When the AMBIGUITY became FAMILIARITY went unknown!
When the INDIVIDUALITY became SOLIDARITY went unknown!
When YOU and ME became US went unknown!
When my journey to college life became EXHILARATING went unknown!

All I can remember of the first day is NEW people, NEW folks, NEW environment, & endless HOPES!

Can’t get enough when I pen down my thoughts, just can’t get enough when I deciphered the fact that  JMC rocks!!!!       


KNOW YOUR FRIEND FROM DU

 
Surbhi Vip is a psychology student from JMC. She is immensely passionate about dancing, an ardent lover of various dance forms. Her hobbies include expressing her inner self and interacting with people through her articles, poems, blogs, etc. and through DU Dastan she wishes to reach out to her peer community at DU.