Sunday 1 January 2012

MOMENTS


Leaving nightmarish examinations long way back and waiting anxiously for 2012, it seems as if I have had my fill basking in the eternal bliss of “idleness” these freezing holidays. Sitting alone at the corner of my bed, I am pondering over those short, beautiful outings that me and my friends had in our short span of college life despite a tight packed schedule comprising back-to-back lectures - all thanks to the tedious semester system.

Lover's Point, Hans Raj College




Of all the moments, I simply adore those spent at L.P. sitting with my friends, breathing in the aroma of maggi and enjoying the sizzling hot and spicy spring-rolls. YUMMY!!!! Believe me Hans Raj College canteen’s spring rolls are a wonder plus the cafeteria’s frappe and maggi are the most sought after.

Tom Uncle's Maggi Masala



Talking about maggi, I just got reminded of Tom uncle’s popular Maggi point. Walking under scorching sun in blistering heat, taking short breaks at the “bantawallahs”, reaching up to Khalsa College, eventually asking the beat officers for the right directions, we finally and thankfully reached the point with growling stomachs. The esteemed “thela” as anticipated was overcrowded. We also ordered for a maggi of each kind- Masala, Onion, Cheese. Having my fill for each, I realized that if I am ever coming back to this point, I will definitely go for the Masala one because being the cheapest it is also the core recipe to all the maggi’s. After that came the turn of the vivid drinks that Tom Uncle offers. I found jaljeera the best as again all the others had same tinge to them.



This is all what I remember about that hot, sunny “maggi” afternoon which further rejuvenates my memory of a beautiful lazy Saturday afternoon with drizzling showers adorning the atmosphere. We all geared up for our visit to the “Naini Lake” in Model Town. I thoroughly enjoyed the boating and the auto ride. But fun without blunders is not possible.

Blunder No.1 – We reached the lake at 11:30 a.m. though the boating starts at 1:00 p.m.

Blunder No.2 – We had no short route to come back home due to demonstrations at various places regarding the anti-corruption campaign.

But who cares!! We enjoyed and captured those moments.

My opinion: Visit this place if and only if you and your entire group has nothing to do and  the amazing weather is not letting you escape home either because just like all the public places, it is again a couple’s heaven as per the tradition.

These are the literally a few of the beautiful moments which I find difficult to express but will always cherish and nurture in some corner of my heart.

THESE MEMORIES!! GOSH!!! I am desperately waiting for the college to reopen and to live new moments…… Till then CIAO!!!


Images Courtesy: Nirab Jyoti Bora



KNOW YOUR FRIEND FROM DU

Ritu Garg is a first year student pursuing Mathematics Hons. from the prestigious Hans Raj College