Wednesday 21 March 2012

“CAR”ZY ACCESORIES


On the very onset let me tell you what I feel for this, “a road vehicle with an engine and four wheel that can carry a small number of passenger”. This is the definition of a ‘CAR’ as OED (Oxford English Dictionary) states. As for me cars are more flattering than the pretty girls I see around the campus. For the section of readers who deplore this notion of mine will surely nod an affirmative in their idle when I point out the striking undue advantages - I can  freely  stare at a car and admire the matchless pageant of beauty. This you can’t do for a living creature around me as staring at an individual for more that 59 seconds can lend you in trouble and..... Blah! Blah!

Secondly the owner of the car which you are staring at, certainly feels a tinge of joy (if it’s an expensive car...he feels his mission to boast of his possession has been accomplished and if it’s not an expensive one....Hmmm....it depends on the owner’s mood).

Such an admirer of cars I am, that I doubt whether I stitch the very tiny margin between stare and ogle.

“Yes, I love my car” every owner will say if he/she is being subjected to answer the question, “Do you love your car?” Some for the steep price tag they brought the car for, some at the thought of owning a material possession and a few out of a passion for this mechanical carrier. But with love there comes the ostentatious accessories that must be purchased, whether it is the fancy number plates, the dark black tinted glass or coloured headlamps.
 
The government has banned certain things, few of which I’ll mention below:

1) The illegal modifications are strictly not allowed on any vehicle: 

2) Blinking lights (except signal lights and hazard lights) at the front or 
rear of the vehicle.

3) Installation of blue, red, purple, or green lights.

4) Installation of musical horns, or dissonant (two-toned) horns. 

5) Installation of spot lights at the rear of the vehicle.

6) Installation of tinted glass or any other coloured material that exceeds 30% tint on the front and rear windscreens and 50% tint on the side windows (differs from state to state).

As a car lover it upsets me when I see cars furnished with these illegal stuffs; for I know of the menace it creates. Imagine a situation, if you are on a highway and the driver on the opposite lane uses the blue high beam of his vehicle. Does that not upset you? For blue lights, as they strike your bare eyes, leave you blindfolded for a moment. And the fancy number plates? You know better than me, right?

As a footnote to this content I would urge my fellow car lovers to concentrate on safe driving rather than posing as a material of undue caution of others. And feel the engine; listen to its roar; for it has its own lore to narrate.

Note: For further information refer to section 52 (Alteration of vehicle) of the ‘MOTOR VEHICLES ACT 1988’.         






KNOW YOUR FRIEND FROM DU

 
Name: Syed Wasbir Subhani

Nick name: Aquazir

College: Ramjas College, University of Delhi

Course: Physics

Hobbies: Syed doesn't like to work. He likes to read novels and play some sport.
 
Interests: He loves writing and doing all chores that are forbidden to him.