Thursday 19 April 2012

INDIAN Premier League...

9 teams
12 venues
54 days
76 matches

The IPL is here.
But which team do you support?

I had never asked this question to myself and never would have, if, today morning, my roommate would not have said “Delhi Daredevils at heart “. She being from Hyderabad, her words were a bit shocking for me.
It made me start thinking that in Delhi, there are so many outstation people. Considering my gang, for example, only two of my friends are Delhi-ites but still all of us love watching IPL matches together. All of us are from different parts of the country – Hyderabad , Ludhiana , Lucknow, Pondicherry , Kerala, Manipur  and so on , but still team rivalry never creep up .
Somewhere, someplace it does become ironical, that no one supports their respective states’ IPL team. We all end up cheering for Delhi.
Maybe my roommate is right – we met here, we live here, we roam here, we enjoy here, Delhi has become our life. So, it doesn’t matter that we don’t support our state teams, for we celebrate when our team wins – whether it’s Delhi, Mumbai or Punjab.
For that’s what IPL is all about – Bringing people closer (and of course entertainment).

So who Do I support Now – INDIA!

1 country
28 states
7 union territories
1.22 billion population


Image Courtesy: Google


KNOW YOUR FRIEND FROM DU

Kriti Anand is a second year student pursuing Economics honours from Shri Ram College of Commerce. She is passionate about writing and reading. You will find a good collection of books with her. She loves exploring new places, making new friends and loves chatting with them. She gets inspiration from the group she is surrounded by.