Monday 26 September 2011

DU FAMILY

A nostalgic feeling still shrouds my mind whenever I look down the memory lane – my SCHOOLDAY, those precious 14 years that made me what I am today but just the mere thought of being a part of the DU family lifts my spirits and makes me less morose. 47 days on and now I am well adapted to the rocking DU lifestyle. I got a funny feeling that being in DU is like being trapped in a computer program amidst great chaos except in the case when you know the basics. Let me make it a bit simpler for you to comprehend. Since entering this new life, I have met a wide variety of people who earlier used to make me flinch and even become flimsy, but nowadays, just a mere look tells me how to confront the person in front of me just because I have got the hang of BASICS.

What I realized is that there are 3 classes partitioning the DU family.


1… The SO-CALLED ELITE CLASS
      Basically, its members are those coquettish covetous butterflies who walk as if on ramp, talk as if crooning (inaudibly) and live in their hive with their own species as if being near you would suffocate them. It also includes those studs who consider them to be the world of one and all. But in reality, who cares??






2… THE BINDAAS CLASS
      This is my personal favourite. Its members are not only people but people you can call friends at the end of the day. You can chat, eat, laugh, cry, study- in other words live life to the fullest with them.









3… THE GLUE CLASS
      Well! Its members are creatures who are actually synonymous with parasites. They will follow you wherever you go but won’t speak a word; would take spoonfuls from your “anmol thaali” but won’t dare shell a buck for you. They will call you their world no matter how hard they try to make your world topsy-turvy so that you may fall down.



Now, I know why college life is known as the stepping stone of life because one becomes wary of so many personalities here that all the apprehensions fade away. DU gives you some best friends, some friends and not to forget our beloved parasites. But at the end of the day if you are perplexed, just sing to yourself…




KOI ACCEPTED KOI FORCED HOTA HAI,
         PAR HAR EK FRIEND ZAROORI HOTA HAI…….



Image Courtesy: Google



Article By: Ritu Garg